The embattled acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, is currently facing Justice Ayo Salami-led Presidential Investigative Panel on Anti-corruption to defend himself against allegations contained in a memo raised by the Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami.
The ten major allegations against Mr Magu are listed below:
- Insubordination to the Office of the AGF
- Alleged ‘relooting of recovered loots’ and Sale of seized assets to cronies, associates and friends
- Alleged favouritism towards selected EFCC investigators called the ‘Magu Boys’ for ‘juicy’ assignments
- Alleged leakages of investigative reports that were prejudicial to some cases to some selected media
- Alleged discrepancies in the reconciliation records of the EFCC and the Federal Ministry of Finance on recovered funds
- Alleged declaration of N539b as recovered funds instead of N504b earlier claimed
- Not providing enough concrete evidences against some suspects including on Diezani Alison-Madueke for her extradition
- Reporting some Judges to their presiding officers without deferring to the AGF
- Late action on the investigation of P&ID leading to legal disputes
- Not respecting Court order to unfreeze a N7b judgment in favour of a former executive director of a bank.