A new season of the block buster Big Brother Naija reality TV show is cooking up and many are curious to know what to expect of this season and the plans put in place for the housemates, amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
The reality show is set to kick off on the 19th of July for its fifth season, and these are some of the plans made for the housemates.
- The housemates were selected after a rigorous verification and online sorting of over 30,000 entries.
- Housemates have been on quarantine, in line with the guidelines provided and approved by the NCDC.
- Carefully tested measures have been put in place to ensure minimal contact with outsiders once the housemates enter the house. This includes the ‘ninjas’, who may not be very visible during the show due to COVID-19 realities.
- The main sponsors on the show, sports betting company, BetWay, also revealed a bigger payout for the winner of the show this year as well as other mouth-watering prizes for fans of the show.
- Before the show kicks off, anyone who shows signs of ill health will as expected not to be a part of the show.
- The production crew will work in (socially distanced) shifts.
- There will be no live audience at the Sunday night eviction shows.
- There will also be no unexpected celebrity visits to the house.