Niger state government, has mandated the use of facemask for everyone in the state to curb the spread of covid-19.
Mr. Lawal Tanko the Information Officer who announced the development on behalf of Secretary to the Government of Niger State and Chairman, of Niger State Task Force on COVID-19, said that hand washing, and Motorcycles, popularly known as okada remain ban in the state.
The directive will take effect from 15th of June 2020.
The information read "Following the easing of Niger State COVID-19 Preventive, Containment and Emergency Order by His Excellency, Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello, Governor of the State, the State Task Force on COVID-19 Pandemic therefore provides the following implementation guidelines to the general public commencing from Monday, 15th June, 2020:
- Mandatory use of face mask/coverings for all persons going into public places.
- Mandatory provision of hand washing facilities/sanitizers in business and other public premises.
- Adherence to physical distancing by the general public.
- Mass gathering of more than 20 people stand prohibited.
- Operation of commercial motorcycles popularly known as Okada remain banned.
The general public should note that non compliance with the restriction, prohibition or requirement imposed under the COVID-19 Order or do anything contrary to the provisions of the Order shall be prosecuted in accordance with the extant laws.
Security Agencies are to ensure effective and strict compliance/enforcement of these guidelines."