The Governor of Nasarawa State, His Excellency, Engineer Abdullahi A Sule hosted Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State on security meeting today in Government House Lafia.
In the meeting, Engineer Sule said, his administration is leaving no stone unturned in seen every Citizen of Nasarawa State is living peacefully and his state as he is working tirelessly to ensure peaceful Co-existence of all his Subjects.
After thought deliberations, the meeting:
- Commended Governors Sule and Ortom for their peace initiative which has drastically reduced skirmishes on the borders communities.
- Appealed to the Federal Government to retain (the military) Operation Whirl stroke for at least two more years.
- Agreed that ranching is the global best practice of animal husbandry, and that Benue State did nothing wrong in enacting a law to prohibit open grazing and promote ranches establishment.
- Urged livestock owners and farmers to obey the law.
- Agreed that Nasarawa and Benue States should sustain support given in security agencies to guarantee peace.
- Agreed that the return of internally displaced persons to their ancestral homes should be done gradually as the security situation continue to improve.
- Cautioned those who best drums of war to desist from such conduct and embrace dialogue as the best means of conflict resolution.
- The two Governors resolved to deepen ties and also encourage their people to entrench peaceful coexistence.
On his part, the Benue State Governor, His Excellency, Dr. Samuel Ortom described, Engineer Abdullahi Sule, the Executive Governor of Nasarawa State as a peace lover who is passionate about the mutual peaceful coexistence of his subjects, stressing that immediately the Governor came to office, the Governor visited him him on the incessant farmers and herdsmen skirmishes bothering their borders in order to finally put it in the bud.
The Benue Governor revealed that it is the maturity, patriotism and understanding of the Nasarawa State Governor in handling the matters of insecurity between the two borders that is curbing fractals in the two borders
The Security meeting saw the present of traditional leaders, security officers and other stakeholders across the two States.