It has been close to a Year now, the federal Government approved N30,000 Minimum wage.
Here are the break downtown so far.
- In the South west, it is only Lagos State that pays minimum wage N35000.
- In the South East, no state pays new minimum wage.
- In the South South (with oil money) no single state pays
- In the North Central none.
- In the North East Adamawa pays N32.000 new minimum wage, Bauchi N30000
- In the North West Kano N30,600… Jigawa N30000… Kaduna N30000….Katsina N30000 and Kebbi N30000
- Out of 7 states currently paying the New Minimum wage, 6 are core North Muslim states.
- No single Christian state is paying. Lagos is a mixed state.
- None of The 4 Core oil producing states of Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Rivers is paying.
- The 5 oil states of the South have more allocations than the 19 States of the north combined yet 6 States in the North are able to pay the new Minimum wage and no state in the South is.
The 6 states paying new minimum wage are all core North….