By Abdulkadir Bin Abdulmalik from Igu (Koton Karfe)
Exploring the Experience…
Several persons and I eventually made our way down to the Usi Kwo-Kwo cave after taking pictures and Oohing. As we climbed down this magnificent rock, Series of questions struck my memory. I was simply imagining how trees which I saw on top of the rock could have grown without any access to the soil, and how the rock was said to have been discovered by a Hunter. Again I imagined how a Hunter could have discovered what may have been visible to everyone.
But there was a lesson I learnt from it all, that God is wonderful and greater than all. The Wise men before me may have also learnt this lesson many centuries ago.
In every adventurous tour, shortcomings are expected and to be addressed before the subsequent tour. In the light of these, the forgoing were considered as challenges:
- The initiators inability to undergo a mini research to the cave to Ensure that safety and channelled walkroad is established.
- No established rules and regulations to guides human conduct before and during the cave tour.
- The undecided numbers of persons needed for the cave visitation obviously translate to the ill coordination as experience by the initiators.
- Lack of historical expertise to reveal the significance of Usi-KwoKwo cave to the inherent community.
- The initiators should for subsequent visitation be mandated to embark on mini research to ascertain the walkroad and individual safety to the cave.
- There should be established regulation to guide human conduct because the merger of both the mature and the immature Will definitely lead to ill-cordination.
- There should be decided numbers for the cave visitation. Possibly it should be placed on phases.
- Adventure tour should be geared towards enlightenment, questions and prompt responses to reveal Values. Hence Historic expertise and geographer should be placed on ground to get sundry acquainted to history and relevancies.
In the End, I want to commend the initiators of this tour, for thinking it wise to exhibit the Unity of purpose in our community. Thankfully, we didn’t have to do a lot of rock climbing to make the process easier.
Thank You Alh Kabiru Isah Koto, HRH Alh Mukaila (Ondachi-Ogbanni), Musa Zainab Nurudeen DeeCee Khalid, Abu Bilal Bin Adam, Samson Arimoh Miracle, Vigilantee Squad, Bako Salihu Usman, Hussaini Danjuma Osuku Kogi amidst others for the time out.
Abdulkadir Bin Abdulmalik