He commissioned new Constituency office situated at 125, Igbosere Street, Lagos Island.
Member of Lagos State House of Assembly representing Lagos Island Constituency II, hon. Sulaiman Olanrewaju Afinni, celebrated his first 100 days in his office as he marks his achievements for serving the people of his constituency, which was held on the 21st of September, 2019 at Christ Church Cathedral Primary School, Broad Street Lagos.
Immediately after the celebration, he moved to commission the new constituency office situated at 125, Igbosere Street Lagos island. Precations were made by both Muslim and Christian clerics for the sanctification and functioning of the office.
Meanwhile, the wife of Honourable Member of House of Assembly, Lagos Island Constituency 2, Mrs Adebimpe Afinni delivered welcome address to the audience especially women, elders of the party and wards leaders at the Cathedral Christ Church Broad Street, Lagos Island. She thanked the women especially Mrs Shabi Elegbe, who has been supportive and dedicated to the course of her husband. "This 100 days is dedicated to our mothers especially, the aged ones and widows by putting smiles on their faces", Adebimpe said.
Lagos Central Senatorial leader, Prince Tajudeen Olusi said "Old age cannot be bought with money, it is by the grace of God. Not many people attain the stage of aged ones." He said he was happy for what Hon. Afinni is doing for elders today because anyone that respects and starts with the elders, he has started with prayers.
Hon. Lanre Afinni in his speech acknowledged the efforts of Party Women Praise Singers for their display of entertainment at the event. He also said many people have asking what have I done within the shortest space of time and do tell them that I have done a lot, but he still do a lot more.
- Firstly, he has been to our hospitals to check whether to ensure good service delivery and find a way to help for what they are lacking in terms of medical equipments.
- He also donated blood and different supporting aids and food items.
- He visited the police station telling them to call on him anytime they needed him.
- He walked through the constituency to find drastic measure to flooding cases caused by drainage system.
- He has been able to fulfill some of his promises which include regular plenary sitting.
- He kick started the inauguration of committees to drive the developmental agenda of his administration.
- He made distribution of free GCE forms for students of his constituency.
- He organized free summer coaching for the students of his constituency.
- He administered town hall meeting for the people to convey their needs to the government for legislation.
- He supplied different food items for the widows and aged ones. Much is expected from the honorable in the next four years.
The APC LGA Chairman, Mr Rasheed Shobaloju enlightened us that Afinni is just a lawmaker who is to make law, but not sent to share rice and beans. In doing so, he is passionate and having the love of his people at heart. Shobaloju used the medium to thank Mr and Mrs Afinni for their kindness and generosity. He prayed that he shall assumed this office the second term.
Vote of thanks was given by Alhaja Bilikis on behalf of AFINNI Committee for Elders.
Hon. Lanre Afinni speaking to our correspondents, he advised "the constituency people should be patient with me. The little they have seen, they will see more. And the people I've not been able to reach out to, I will get to them by the grace of God". The motive of doing this programme "is nothing much than to stand by the people to give them some reliefs so that they can be happy and concentrate their resources for other things". In the case of insecurity, " it is so much secured to compare with the past, even before I came into the office". He also said next year's programme will come with different style of empowerment.
Sponsored by Afinni Media Team.