SUBJECT: COMMITTEE FOR THE RECALL OF MR. ROCHAS ANAYO OKOROCHA FROM SENATE HAS BEEN SET UP
Orluzurumee Youth Assembly, which is the socio-cultural unifier of all the twelve Local Government Areas in Orlu Zone and which provides the platform for all issues affecting the youths of the Zone to be addressed, being determined to work in the overall interest of our people, we convoked a General Assembly on Saturday, August 31, 2019 at our Secretariat in Orlu LGA. We wish to make the following resolutions taken by the General Assembly public:
- After a painstaking appraisal of the representation which Chief Rochas Anayo Okorocha has so far offered our people in the Senate, we have concluded that he is very far from representing the interest of Orlu Zone. He is, to say the very least, in the Senate for himself alone. He has no constituency office and has held no constituency briefing. He seeks inputs from nobody, and has never for once made any case in the Senate for the amelioration of the plight of the people he pretends to represent. We deplore the travesty which his representation means. We have therefore rejected him.
- The unprintable manner in which Chief Rochas Anayo Okorocha smuggled himself into the Senate remains fresh in our minds. We refuse to allow Orlu Zone become the poster boy for electoral brigandage and usurpation of mandate.
- Chief Okorocha has become a threat to the peace, security and safety of our people. He has raised his own militia men to crush innocent people and destroy lives and property. We declare that Chief Rochas Anayo Okorocha has also become a national security threat to Nigeria, and we advise the Federal Government to quickly add him on the terror watchlist.
- We aver that Chief Rochas Anayo Okorocha has become morally unfit to represent us, given the mind- boggling revelations being made by the incumbent Government in Imo State about the theft of hundreds of billions of Naira perpetrated by Chief Rochas Anayo Okorocha when he was in office as Governor.
- Consequently, we have put in motion a machinery for the recall of Chief Rochas Anayo Okorocha from the Senate. Also, we have duly constituted a seven-man Committee that will spearhead this and we have appointed Prince Collins Opurozor, a political scientist and fiery public affairs analyst, as Chairman of the Committee. The Committee is made up of the finest minds in the Zone.
- The Committee's terms of reference include, but not limited to, the following:
a. Interfacing with INEC for the purpose of the Recall;
b. Collation of data, petitions and signatures of the entire eligible electorate in the Zone;
c. Engaging all critical stakeholders and sensitizing them on the irreversibility and sacrosanctity of the Recall;
d. Ensuring that there is a landslide victory during the plebiscite to bring back Rochas Anayo Okorocha;
f. And any other thing which the Committee shall decide to do in order to achieve the Recall of Okorocha.
- We deeply appreciate the support which we have received so far from the people of Orlu Zone. The Traditional Rulers, the Traders, the Clergy, the Town Unions and the Students have been enormously supportive of this cause in their unique ways. We wish to thank Chief Boniface Nnagboro and Dr. Nnamdi Offor, both of who have jointly donated the sum of N2.7 million for this purpose.
Comrade Chibuike Odunze, Publicity Secretary.