Federal Emergency Management agency (FEMA) has advice Nigerians, on what to doe, to avoid been kidnapped.
KIDNAPPING IS ON THE RISE- BE CAUTIOUS!
- Never use car stickers that says where you work, especially if you have a prestigious job.
- Never share pictures of your kids in their school uniforms or badges. Protect your kids!
- When you attend parties, don't let the band get you so high that you start spraying money like no man's business, use an envelope.
- Don't be the one that tries to empty the ATM machine by making large withdrawals …You don't need 50k in your wallet to feel like a man.
- Always delete your bank transaction notifications, especially SMS…you really can memorize your bank balance….Shred ur POS/ATM receipts.
- Don't go jogging while it's dark, you really should be smarter than that. If you can, get someone trusted as company.
- Always lock your doors, even if you're only going out to switch off your generator.
- NEVER EVER, NEVER EVER WEAR YOUR ID outside your work place. No one needs to know where you work
- Be accountable to your spouse or parents, let someone know where you are at every point.
- As much as you can, don't send kids alone on errand outside your house, they are soft targets.
- Don't try to show you are the richest in the neighborhood by making large donations in your estate meetings, learn modesty.
- When you give, give with modesty and privately, learn to say "I can't spare that amount now".
- Don't stay late in your office long after closing hours. That deadline work can be done at home.
- Make safety the number one factor in your decision always!
- Mind what you post about yourself on social media.