I welcome you all to this Presidential Policy Dialogue Session. This administration came into office in 2015, at a period of economic recession following the steep drop in the global oil price and years of economic and financial mismanagement.
2. Through various monetary and fiscal measures, we restored economic growth, curbed inflation and shored up our external reserves. We have witnessed eight quarters of consistent marginal growth of the economy over the past two and a half years.
3. We have made progress in the agricultural sector especially in food production and processing through our Food Security and Anchors Borrowers Programmes, which provide concessionary credit facilities to farmers in crop production as well as large-scale investors in food processing and manufacturing.
4. To consolidate on these and other successes, we will continue to provide incentives that will facilitate investments and create jobs in key import substitution programmes.
5. In line with the “Next Level Strategy” of our party, the All Progressives Congress, which seeks to consolidate on our achievements over the past four years, this policy dialogue session has been conceived to:
a. Advise the government over the next four years to deliver on our promises in a manner that reflects true changes to the livelihood of the people.
b. Discuss and propose for Federal Government’s approval, key strategies and high impact initiatives to stimulate economic growth and development
6. This concerted effort requires the convergence of various stakeholders cutting across the private sector, developmental partners and industry experts to dialogue and forge a way forward.
7. We are committed to consolidating the successes of the first term and creating an avenue such that the Nation’s investments and resources are geared towards sustainable development. We will implement structures that will accelerate speedy execution of these initiatives.
8. On this note, it is my pleasure to declare this policy dialogue session open. I am looking forward to a very fruitful session with interesting and stimulating discussions and exchange of knowledge that will chart the course for our nation for the next four years.
9. The outcomes of this Policy Dialogue will be wholly advisory and implementation will be left to the federal machinery of Government.
God bless us all, and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.