British woman one of those killed in holiday resort in Kaduna

Ads

1Shares

A British aide worker working with Mercy Corps in Nigeria, Faye Mooney was one of those shot dead by armed bandits at Kajuru Castle Holiday Resort in Kaduna state on Friday.

The repot has it that, gunmen attacked the holiday resort late on Friday, killing Mooney and her Nigerian partner, and some others taking in hostage.

The ugly incident was confirmed by the Kaduna state government, the British High Commission and non-governmental.

According to Mercy Corps, the tragic killing of Mooney, who had been working as a communications specialist with the agency for almost two years, utterly broke their heart.

“Faye was deeply committed to fostering cross-cultural collaboration and was an inspiration to us all,” CEO of Mercy Corps Neal Keny-Guyer said in a statement.

READ ALSO  Kaduna State to train youth on digital and digital entrepreneurship skills

“We extend our deepest sympathy to those who have been affected by this senseless tragedy.”

“Intensive efforts are being made by the Command to rescue the kidnapped persons, (apprehend) the fleeing culprits and bring them to justice,” Kaduna State police said in a statement.

Earlier reports alleged that the gunmen invaded the place but were unable to gain entrance into the place as a result of armed mobile policemen at the entrance.

READ ALSO  Lagos Govt Announced N2Billion as relief fund for Sunday Explosion victims

The bandits therefore hid in a rock and began shooting into the resort — Mooney and her partner run out from their room, run towards the staircase but were hit by bullets.

The information further disclosedthat five people were initially kidnapped, four staff of the castle and a bus driver who brought some guests.

READ ALSO  Wedding Reception: Governors, Wives of Governors and Prominent Nigerians pray for Secondus ' Daughter

“These people were somewhere outside the gate taking shayi (tea). But two of the staff managed to escape and the bandits went with three people – two staff of the castle and the bus driver,” he said.

The kidnappers have demanded the sum of N60 million before they’ll release their hostages, and the demand was made via a telephone call.

OMOKOSHABAN

Want To Support Us By Donating Click Here

1Shares

ads

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply