TMA3 CHM315 CARBOHYDRATE CHEMISTRY
- How many carbon atoms are present in a pyranose?
The answer is A. 5
- The class of food which is the major source of energy for both plant and animals is?
The answer is D. Carbohydrates
- Sugar that could be oxidised by tollens reagent are called ?
- Reactive sugar
- Oxidizing sugars
- Reducing sugar
- Non-reducing sugar
The answer is C. Reducing sugar
- How many carbon atoms are present there in pentose
The answer is B. 5
- Which among the following is not a complex for sugar?
The answer is A. Monosaccharides
- Five and six-membered rings are favoured over rings size because of their?
- Conformational structure
- Better molecular structural
- Low angular and eclipsing strains
- High angle and eclipsing strains
The answer is C. Low angular and eclipsing strains
- The primary chemical element which make carbohydrate are
- C, H and N
- C, H and S
- C, H and O
- C, H and P
The answer is C. C, H and O
- Sugars having CHO functional are classified as?
- None of the option
The answer is A. Aldose
- Sugar of the same molecular and structural formula but different optical activities are known as ?
The answer is D. Anomers
- The shape of furanose molecules is
- Straight chain
- Open chain
- Cyclic chain
- None of the above
The answer is C. Cyclic chain.