CHM307 TMA3 MOLECULAR STRUCTURE AND SYMMETRY
Question 1. The excited state of an electron is when an electron?
- Gained energy
- Absorbs or emits electron
- Fragment into smaller particles
- Ready to take part in chemical reaction
The answer is A. gained energy
Question 2. According to Aufbau principle, maximum of two electron are put into?
- Decreasing orbital energy
- Spinning orbital energy
- Stable orbital energy
- Increasing orbital energy
The is Answer is D. Increasing orbital energy
Question 3. According to Niehls Bohr (1923), the electronic structure of the atom can give insight of?
- The energy level of the element
- Periodicity in the property of that element
- Neutrality of that element
- Non of the above
The answer is B. Periodicity in the property of that element
Question 4. The configuration that correspond to the lowest electron energy is called?
- Excitation state
- Absorption state
- Ground state
- Emission state
The anwers is C. ground state
Question 5. The arrangement of electron as they _____ around the nuclei of atoms is called?
- Atomic configuration
- Atomic energy
- Quantum configuration
- Electronic configuration
The answer is D. electronic configuration
Question 6. The movement of electron from one energy level to the other result in?
- Lost or gain of energy by the electron
- Absorption or emission of energy
- Absorption of photon
- Emission of photon
The answer is B. Absorption or emission of energy
Question 7. If an electron shell can accommodate 2(n2) electron, how many electrons can occupy first, second and third shells?
- 2, 8 and 18
- 2, 4 and 18
- 2, 3 and 4
- 6, 9 and 18
The answer is A. 2, 8 and 18
Question 8. The knowledge of electronic configuration led to the following revelation except?
- The structure of the periodic table of elements
- The chemical bond that hold atoms together
- The peculiars properties of laser and semiconductor shells and sub-shells
- The quantum theory
The answer is D. the quantum theory
Question 9. The electronic configuration of phosphorus can be written as?
The answer is A. 1S22S22p63S23p3
Question 10. The electronic configuration of neon is given as 1S22S22p6, indicate the shell that will most determine the chemistry of neon?
The answer is B. 2p6
UPDATES: Please Don't forget to Download Omokoshaban.com Mobile APP: click this link to download CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OMOKOSHABAN MOBILE APP